Notarized translating process has made its presence known in education, economic and legal fields. A notarized translation may serve as a significant role for governing bodies to fully understand documents so as to review requests from individuals or enterprises. A document to be notarized, therefore, must be translated with absolute accuracy and possible quickness. This writing shall give an insight into legal requirements as well as methods to perform a trustworthy notarized translation in AM Vietnam.
As trials are available in AM Vietnam, you may request a free notarized translation for 01 document package of no more than 300 words.
What is notarized translation?
Notarized translation (certified translation) is a process in which document translation services and notarization services are incorporated. Upon the finish of translation, the translator shall sign into a commitment acknowledging his/her full responsibilities in the accuracy of the translated documents before the notary who shall then verify the signature being authentic.
Thereupon, the notary shall be responsible for the following but the content of the translation:
- Checking for the documentation’s validity
- Verifying (notary signature and seal) the signature of the translator on the commitment.
(*** You may refer to the Vietnam’s Law on notarization HERE)
When is notarized translation needed?
Sometimes, individuals and organizations deem it necessary to acquire a notarized translation service. Notarized translations are to help competent authorities in understanding documentations written in foreign languages to consider the licensing or approval of requests when required.
Notarized translation for individuals often related to accommodation, education or employment:
- Notarized translation of degrees and certificates
- Notarized translation of personal profile such as birth certificate, household registration
- Notarized translation of labor contract
Notarized translation for enterprises and organizations:
- Notarized translation of application for enterprise establishment license (financial statements, business registration certificate, etc.)
- Profiles of management personnel
- Business performance documents
How documents of notarized translation should be presented?
Document of notarized translation consists of three parts, in top-to-bottom order as follows:
(1) The document translation
Means the document translated from the original in foreign language into Vietnamese or vice versa.
(2) The attestation (the attestation of the notary/the attestation for the translator’s signature)
The attestation is presented in the form provided by the Department of Justice, the Notary Department/Office, including at least the following: Full name, ID Card/Citizen ID Card/Passport No. of the translator, the commitment on the accuracy of the translation, signature of the translator, signature and seal of the notary, of the signer authorized by the department of justice.
(3) The original
Means document provided by individuals, organizations demanding for the service The original is not necessarily to be stamped for notarization, authentication. Documents provided by foreign organizations must proceed with consular authentication prior to notarized translation to achieve the highest level of legal validity.
Is notarized translation of foreign language into language other than Vietnamese available in Vietnam?
According to the 2014 Law on Notarization, notarized translation is only applicable between foreign languages and Vietnamese, not for other pairs of languages. Nevertheless, such cases may be done by making Vietnamese an intermediate language. For example: For request of notarized translation from English into French, it could be done by notarizing and translating English into Vietnamese, Vietnamese into French subsequently.
What are requirements for translator of notarized translation?
According to current law, a translator must meet the following standards and conditions for notarized translation:
- Hold a full capacity for civil acts regulated by the law.
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher in the target language or be a graduate or higher in the target language.
- Have lingual proficiency in less widely spoken languages in which the translator does not acquire a bachelor’s degree or university degree as prescribed.
Responsibilities of the translator
- Translate the document in earnest to ensure its accuracy
- Sign into the quality commitment before the notary
- Take responsibility in explanation upon request
- Compensate for mistranslation (if any) resulting in consequences.
Documents not eligible for notarized translation
- Erased, modified documents; documents whose contents are invalidly changed.
- Documents in poor conditions leading to content unidentified.
- Documents with confidentiality seals of competent agencies or organizations or clearly state therein no translation required without confidential seals.
- Documents containing illegal and immoral contents; Documents for purposes of propaganda, war incitement, anti-Socialist Republic of Vietnam; distorting Vietnamese history; damaging the honor, dignity and prestige of individuals and organizations; committing civil rights violation.
- Documents issued, notarized or certified by a competent foreign agency or organization not yet consular legalized, except those subject to exemption under international treaties to which Vietnam is a member or according to give and take principle.
Reasons to choose notarized translation in AM Vietnam
Upon your request for notarized translation in AM Vietnam, you shall be offered:
- The control performed by experienced translators.
- The provision of services in line with ISO 9001.
- An accurate and complete translation.
- The translated documents being identical to the original.
- Legal advice, if necessary.
- Information confidentiality in accordance with AM Vietnam Confidentiality Commitment.
Notarized translation process in AM Vietnam
We shall offer you professional notarized translation process with strict and legal procedures. Our customers shall be delivered products of notarized translation in a quick and trustworthy maneuver, ensuring specification and legalization in its entirety.
- Request receipt and quotation
- Desktop publishing (DTP), if needed
- Translating and Proofreading
- Translation quality control
- Document preparation (printing, setting up, formating)
- Notarizing in accordance with regulations
- Reviewing notarized documents
- Delivering documents to address assigned by the customer
Free notarized translation services
Free notarized translation services are available in AM Vietnam. For more information, please contact us via email: email@example.com or via 0243.878.9800.